Salmon Foil packs are the new thing in our household and I’m loving every minute of it. SO easy and SO delicious.
These Dijon Tarragon Salmon and Veggie foil packs are coming in hot in our household, and I have no plan to stop anytime soon. Throw everything in foil, wrap it up, and bake it? Hells yes, that sounds easy enough. Not to mention, incredibly delicious. Cooking the salmon in the foil makes it so perfectly juicy- we’re not about dry salmon over here and this is anything BUT that.
To start, cut two 18 x 12 pieces of foil and place them onto your counter. Then, put a fillet of salmon into the center of each one and place the veggies to one side. Drizzle everything with olive oil, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dijon tarragon sauce and spread all over the tops of the salmon. Then add garlic, parmesan, and capers to the veggies. Wrap up each foil pack, making sure to pinch the sides so that the juices don’t escape. Bake for 20-25 minutes and dinner is ready! Literally so easy and so good!
We are big big fans of Dijon mustard in our house! Alessandro’s mom is French and has so many amazing uses for it, so I’ve really grown accustomed to using it almost daily. The Dijon Mustard she introduced us to is the real deal. It’s called Amora and comes straight from France- it’s better than all others I’ve tried! You can get it on Amazon and it lasts awhile! We always buy the two pack because we know it won’t ever go to waste. Highly, highly recommend.
Other easy weeknight dinner ideas!
- 5 ingredient Sheetpan Lemon Dill Salmon and Asparagus
- One Skillet Chicken Sausage and Orzo Parmesan
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Pepper skillet
Dijon Tarragon Salmon and Veggie Foil Packs
- Yield: 2 1x
For the Salmon:
- 2– 5 oz salmon fillets
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Parsley, as garnish
For the Veggies:
- 1/2 zucchini, quartered
- 1/2 yellow squash, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 3–4 T capers (optional, leave off if you don’t like capers)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 2- 12 x 18 foil pieces onto your counter. Add salmon and veggies to the center of the foil, and then drizzle everything with olive oil, salt, and freshly cracked pepper.
- Add garlic, parmesan, and capers to the veggies.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and tarragon until creamy. Spoon this mixture on top of the salmon fillets.
- Fold up foil packs starting with longer sides, then fold in shorter sides and pinch the ends together so that the juices don’t escape.
- Place foil packets onto a sheet pan and into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your fillets.
- Transfer contents of the foil packs to a plate, garnish with fresh parsley, a squeeze of lemon, and dig in!