- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini squash, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c sliced okra
- 1 1/2 c frozen green beans
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 c vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, as garnish
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a large stockpot. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the celery, carrot, zucchini, bell pepper, okra, and green beans; cook for 5-6 minutes, until carrots are slightly tender.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices; bring to a boil then reduce heat and add cabbage. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add more broth if needed and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.