This Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup is just what the doctor ordered.
I’m beyond determined to do whatever it takes not to get the dreaded Flu that’s going around right now. I’m actually not normally a germophone, but i’ve been washing my hands like a serious crazy person lately. But in addition to that, i’ve also been loading up on all the “flu-fighting” foods, if you will. Which brings me straight to this bowl of Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup. It’s loaded with Cauliflower, Turmeric, and Garlic.. all things that are great for fighting off cold & flu symptoms.
- Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants that help to boost immune system, specifically glutathione, a super hero antioxidant that helps fight off infection.
- Turmeric (aka, The Wonder Herb) has anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight infection and aid in digestion, and has also been shown to lessen the damage caused by free radicals in your system.
- Garlic is loaded with potassium, calcium, and sulfur containing compounds that have been shown to enhance immune function and disease-fighting response of certain white blood cells in the body when they encounter the dreaded cold or flu.
SO. What i’m trying to say is….you need this soup, and you need it now.
Not only does it have numerous health benefits, it’s wildly delicious and easy! Simply roast the cauliflower and chickpeas until golden, then blend it all up and serve. This is the creamiest bowl of yum, and I can assure you- your family and immune system will thank you.Print
Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 3–4 T Olive Oil
- I head of cauliflower, stems removed, chopped into florets
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1–15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1– 15 oz can coconut milk
- Chopped Cilantro, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss cauliflower, chickpeas, and onion with olive oil, garlic, cumin, turmeric, curry powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Spread into an even layer on your baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing after 15 minutes.
- When cauliflower and chickpeas are nicely roasted, place about 1/2 c of the roasted mixture aside and transfer the rest to your blender or food possessor.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and garnish with fresh cilantro.