My mouth is still watering thinking about these Crockpot Philly cheesesteaks. Pretty much the easiest thing to throw together and beyond delicious.
I got a random urge last Saturday for a Philly cheesesteak… random right? I just had to have one and luckily had mostly everything on hand. I had some beef in the freezer and a few bell peppers and onions, so I threw it all in the slow cooker and went on my merry way. All I had to do was pick up some hoagie rolls and cheese at the store for later, and voila! Crockpot Philly cheesesteaks at your service.
In all honesty, this recipe couldn’t be more simple if I tried.. throw the meat in your slow cooker along with some onion, garlic, bell peppers, broth, and spices and let it slow cook its way to deliciousness. When you are ready to serve, pile that yummy meat onto a hoagie roll or bread of choice, top it with a little cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes. Of course, you will want to top it off with a little more sauce from the pot, but that’s it! So beyond easy and so yummy. Alessandro was so sad it was over! I’ll def be making these again soon.
Would these Crockpot Philly cheesesteaks be good to serve a group?
They would be absolutely perfect! Simply have the meat in the crockpot ready to go- you could even prep the meat the night before if you wanted and quickly pop in the crockpot to stay warm day of. As soon as everyone is ready to eat, line up those hoagie’s, add the meat and pop in the oven! Super simple and SO delicious!
Other slow cooker recipes to try!
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Soup – COZY AND DELICIOUS
- Chicken Tikka Masala– FAN FAVE!
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese – YUM!
Crockpot Philly Cheesesteaks
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1.5 lbs round sirloin steak, skirt steak, or ribeye, very thinly sliced *see notes
- 1 c yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T worchestire sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 3/4 c beef broth
- 4–6 Italian hoagie rolls
- Shredded mozzarella or provolone
- Poblano peppers
- Add beef to crockpot along with olive oil, onion, bell peppers, garlic, worchestire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, stirring halfway through.
- When you are ready to serve, preheat broiler and line sheetpan with foil. Stuff each hoagie roll with equal parts beef mixture topped with a generous amount of cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Top it all off with a little more sauce from the pot and dig in! Also an option to add jalepenos or any other condiments of choice.
*You can ask the butcher to slice the steak for you or you can buy pre-cubed stew meat to make it easy, and just slice it up a bit before putting in the crockpot