Chicken Noodle Soup is literally a MUST HAVE in the winter months, and this Creamy Chipotle version will soon become your new go-to and bff. I’m sure you’re wondering what makes this one so special because no matter what the circumstance, chicken noodle soup is always incredibly comforting and delicious.
This recipe, though is the creamiest and most delectable combination with the perfect amount of kick to keep you warm.
And, the entire meal is made in the crockpot! Chop it all up before you leave the house, and it will be ready in just 20 short minutes when you get home.
As you’ve probably noticed, chipotle peppers make an appearance in my kitchen quite frequently. It’s become one of those items that I always keep on hand. They add so much flavor and can be used in soups, marinades, or sauces.
I decided to use Pappardelle pasta because I love the thickness of the noodle, however, feel free to substitute any other pasta your heart desires.
Noodles are noodles, can’t really go wrong there. It’s also an option to forfeit the cream if you really want to, but I would highly recommend staying far, far away from doing that.
The creamier the better, right?
One of the best things about this recipe is it only requires about 8-10 minutes of prep, and you’ve pretty much just guaranteed a delicious dinner on the table.
Who doesn’t love coming home after a long days work to a warm and cozy meal? I know this gal does.Print
Crockpot Creamy Chipotle Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2–3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1 zucchini squash, ends removed & quartered
- 8–10 oz pappardelle pasts, broken into large pieces
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed and chopped + 3 tsp sauce from can
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 c heavy cream
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 1/2 c chopped kale (frozen kale is great for soups)
- In a large crockpot, combine onion, celery, carrots, chiles and sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Lay chicken breasts on top, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Time may vary depending on the power of your crockpot).
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the crockpot and shred using two forks or adding to your stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add pappardelle, kale, and remaining spices to the crockpot. Cover and cook an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pot. Stir in cream and lime juice.
- Serve with Saltines and freshly cracked pepper.