Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is literally a MUST HAVE in the winter months.
I’m sure you’re wondering what makes this one so special because no matter what the circumstance, chicken noodle soup is always incredibly comforting and delicious.
This recipe, though is the creamiest and most delectable combination with the perfect amount of kick to keep you warm.
And, the entire meal is made in the crockpot! Chop it all up before you leave the house, and it will be ready in just 20 short minutes when you get home.
I decided to use Pappardelle pasta because I love the thickness of the noodle, however, feel free to substitute any other pasta your heart desires.
Noodles are noodles, can’t really go wrong there. It’s also an option to forfeit the cream if you really want to, or you could add a non-dairy alternative like Nut Pods.
One of the best things about this recipe is it only requires about 8-10 minutes of prep, and you’ve pretty much just guaranteed a delicious dinner on the table.
Who doesn’t love coming home after a long days work to a warm and cozy meal? I know this gal does.Print
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2–3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 c chicken broth, more as needed
- 1 zucchini squash, ends removed & quartered
- 8–10 oz pappardelle pasta, broken into large pieces
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed and chopped + 3 tsp sauce from can (optional, for a little spice)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c heavy cream, optional, can sub nut pods for non-dairy alternative
- 2 1/2 c chopped kale (frozen kale is great for soups)
- In a large crockpot, combine onion, celery, carrots, chiles and sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Lay chicken breasts on top, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Time may vary depending on the power of your crockpot).
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the crockpot and shred using two forks or adding to your stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add pappardelle, kale, and remaining spices to the crockpot. Cover and cook an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pot. Stir in cream.