- 8 corn tortillas, or store bought tostada shells
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 c red enchilada sauce
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1–2 c spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can re-fried black beans
- 1 c shredded mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
- Mexican Crema, for topping
Guacemole, for topping: (Can also buy pre-made if you prefer)
- 2–3 ripe avocados
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano, seeds removed, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large crockpot, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, broth, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours- more or less depending on your crockpot.
- When chicken is done, place onto cutting board and shred using two forks. Return to pot with spinach, and cook an addition 10-15 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with foil. Lightly brush each side of the tortillas with olive oil, and bake for 4 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine all guacamole ingredients in a large bowl or mortar and pestle.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Spread a thin layer of beans onto each tostada, followed by chicken and cheese. Broil for 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with Guacamole, cilantro, mexican crema, and lime wedge.