Let’s make some Crockpot Chicken and Spinach Tostadas on this glorious Tuesday, shall we?
This recipe is a super easy crockpot recipe because, well, we all need more crockpot recipes in our lives. I always love the idea of slow cooker meals, but somehow always seem to forget about them, so I’m making it a personal goal to make more this year!
I love this recipe because you can pop the chicken in the crockpot that morning and let it just hang out all day. All you’ll have to do is assemble the tostadas, broil them for a few minutes, prep the toppings, and enjoy! I like to make my own tostada shells using corn tortillas because it just feels slightly healthier and only takes about 10 minutes, however, you could speed up the process by buying store-bought tostada shells if you prefer. No judgements!
I freaking love Tostada Tuesday. Number one, because I love tostadas, and number two, because that means it’s almost Hump Day, which means w are one day closer to Friday. LOL, yes, that’s actually how I think.
I started using Dexas products a month or two ago and am completely obsessed! Everything is so well made, easy to store, easy to clean, and just super functional! I’m all about functional because I just don’t have room for things that I don’t need/use anymore. I’m especially loving their Jelli boards because they are the perfect size, so durable and are completely odor-resistant. Oh, and did I mention their products come in super fun colors? You know I love a good pop of color! Just love sharing great products with you all!
This would be a great meal to serve friends because you can have the chicken prepped and ready ahead of time and simply pop a big tray of tostada’s in the oven all at once. Set up a topping assembly line so everyone can add their own toppings, and voila! Easy peasy!
Other Crockpot Recipes to Try!
*This post was sponsored by Dexas International.Print
Crockpot Chicken and Spinach Tostadas
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 corn tortillas (or store bought tostada shells)
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 c red enchilada sauce
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Juice of 1–2 limes
- 1–2 c spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 c fresh cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- 1 can re-fried black beans
- 1 c shredded mexican cheese blend
- Avocado or guacamole
- Mexican crema (can sub Greek yogurt or sour cream)
- In a large crockpot, combine chicken, garlic, enchilada sauce, broth, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours- more or less depending on your crockpot.
- When chicken is done, place onto cutting board and shred using two forks. Return to pot with lime juice, spinach, and cilantro; cook an addition 10 minutes or so, until spinach is wilted.
- If you are making your own tostada shells: preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with foil. Lightly brush each side of the tortillas with olive oil, and bake for 4-5 minutes per side, until crispy and golden brown. Blot excess grease with a paper towel and set aside.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Spread a thin layer of beans onto each tostada, followed by shredded chicken and cheese. Broil for 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with Guacamole, cilantro, mexican crema, and salsa.