The ultimate busy weeknight dinner: Crock Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes! Throw it all in the slow cooker and come home to Juicy, Tender, and incredibly flavorful chicken and potatoes!
Here’s Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 10-15 minutes of prep work is all you need! Set aside a little time before running out the door for the day and come home to incredibly juicy and tender chicken and potatoes. You will LOVE it!
- Healthy. Aside from a knob of butter and splash of white wine, this recipe is super healthy and delicious. Serve it up with your favorite vegetables and call it a day!
- Hands off yet impressive. If you are looking to host friends for dinner but don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen, this is a great option! It’s elegant yet easy and everyone will be raving about how perfectly cooked the chicken is!
- Leftovers are great. If you’re only serving 1-2 people, don’t fret. The leftovers are just as delicious. Your lunches will be handled for the next few days.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Bone-in skin on chicken thighs.
- Baby dutch yellow potatoes. Pewee potatoes are delicious also!
- Garlic powder.
- Butter. You can sub ghee or vegan butter for this also.
- Chicken broth. Bone broth is jam packed with nutrients if you have access to it. I love this brand!
- GF all purpose flour. Regular all purpose works as well.
- Garlic. Lots of garlic! This recipe calls for 15 cloves, and just trust me on this one!
- Dry white wine. I used chardonnay but a pinot Grigio would work really well also.
- Fresh thyme.
- Salt and Pepper.
How to make this slow cooker garlic chicken and potatoes
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. My favorite is avocado oil spray. Then season both sides of chicken generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and add to greased crock pot.
- Top chicken with potatoes, garlic, shallots, and thyme. Season potatoes with salt and pepper then pour melted butter over everything.
- In a bowl, combine flour and a little broth and whisk until a paste forms. Add remaining broth, lemon juice, and wine and stir to combine. Pour this over everything in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until potatoes are cooked and chicken is insanely tender. Serve up with the juice in the pot and a vegetable of choice. Enjoy!!
- Steamed Green Beans
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Asparagus
Other Slow Cooker Recipes to Try
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Gruyere Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Crock Pot Chicken and Spinach Tostadas
Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
This Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes is the ultimate weeknight dinner! Throw it all in the slow cooker before heading out for the day and come home to garlicky potatoes and extra tender chicken!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2.5 lbs bone-in skin on chicken thighs (5–6 thighs)
- 1 1/2 lbs baby dutch yellow potatoes (the pewee potato medley is also delicious)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 T GF all purpose flour (regular all purpose works as well)
- Juice of 1 large lemon, plus wedges for serving if desired
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 15 cloves of garlic, peeled (I know it’s a lot but trust me!)
- 3 T dry white wine
- 10–12 sprigs thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh parsley and lemon for serving
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray (I prefer avocado oil spray) and season both sides of chicken thighs generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a bowl, create a slurry by whisking flour with a little bit of broth until a paste forms and no clumps remain. Stir in remaining chicken broth, wine, and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add seasoned chicken thighs to slow cooker, skin side down.
- Arrange potatoes, shallots, garlic, and thyme over chicken. Pour melted butter over everything followed by the slurry we made. Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is fall off the bone delicious!
- Remove thyme before serving and serve with remaining juice from the crock pot (don’t forget all of those garlic cloves!), fresh parsley, and lemon.
Keywords: slow cooker chicken