These Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Lime Crema are so easy and so good!! The crispy oven roasted cauliflower is paired with charred corn tortillas, spicy chipotle lime crema, and any and all toppings of choice.
This post is sponsored by Dexas
Have you ever had crispy cauliflower tacos? If not, you’re missing out! They are seriously so good and go with anything and everything!
For these, I served with a simple chipotle Lime Crema, and it balanced it all out just perfectly.
The trick to getting the cauliflower nice and crispy is coating it in a flour and milk concoction with a few delicious spices and then roasting it up at 450 degrees until golden and oh so delicious! (about 35 minutes total)
If you want to keep your tortillas nice and warm before serving, I would suggest using a tortilla warmer of sorts.
This one from Dexas is my favorite because it really locks in the heat, keeps them warm & ready and is microwave and dishwasher safe!
If your tortillas happen to cool off, simply pop the entire container in the microwave and warm em up! So easy and so convenient. It’s also really easy to clean like all Dexas products are. Really loving it! It can also be used for pita bread, pancakes, crepes, etc!
All you need for the Chipotle Lime Crema is:
- greek yogurt
- lime juice
- chipotle paste (or canned chipotle chiles in adobo)
We like ours extra spicy, however, feel free to adjust the amount of heat to your liking. That’s what I love about this crema recipe, it’s a super easy thing to adjust!
Serve these Cauliflower tacos with any and all toppings of choice! I typically like serving with corn tortillas, but flour would work also, jalapeños, radishes, cilantro, lime, and avocado. ENJOYYYYYYPrint
Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Lime Crema
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 tacos (probably 3–4 servings) 1x
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 4–5 cups florets)
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Chipotle Lime Crema:
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- 2–3 tsp chipotle paste (can also use 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo), more or less to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, to taste
- Dash of salt
For the tacos:
- 6–8 corn tortillas, for serving
- Radishes, for serving
- Jalapeños, for serving
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line sheetpan with parchment paper.
- Add milk and flour to a large mixing bowl and stir until creamy. Add spices and mix well. Now add cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Spread cauliflower in an even layer onto baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing halfway, until golden and crispy.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make your Crema by adding all ingredients to a food processor or blender; blend until smooth and adjust to taste. If you want more heat, add more chiles. Less heat, add more yogurt. Adjust lime and salt, and set aside.
- Char each tortilla by placing directly over the gas flame for a few seconds each side, store in tortilla warmer until ready to serve.
- Fill each tortilla with cauliflower, chipotle crema, radishes, jalapeños, cilantro, avocado, and serve with lime wedge.