This Creamy White Bean Soup with Kale and Pancetta is hearty, healthy, and so comforting. It’s made in one pot and ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for cold nights in with the family.
Never not craving soup over here, so when the temperatures drop, I get super excited and have some kind of soup on the stove multiple nights a week. This one is most definitely a new favorite!
I love love love soup for many reasons, but I especially love being able to throw everything into one pot and just let it simmer on the stove hands off for awhile. Your house will smell amazing and your bellies will thank you.
This Creamy White Bean Soup with Kale and Pancetta is the perfect quick and easy one pot dinner when you are in the mood for something cozy and comforting, yet healthy and satisfying.
What can I substitute for Pancetta if I can’t find it?
Most grocery stores have pancetta, however, if you cannot find it, you can substitute bacon in its place. If you can find pancetta, however, I would highly suggest using it. It adds such delicious flavor!!
What if I don’t like coconut milk? What else can I use?
If you don’t like coconut milk or don’t have it on hand, you can sub whole milk or heavy cream. Or any other non-dairy milk alternative with mild flavor, such as cashew milk, nut pods original, etc.
OTHER SOUPS TO TRY!!
Creamy White Bean Soup with Kale and Pancetta
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 1x
- 3–4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 1/2– 4 c vegetable broth
- 3– 15 oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
- 1 c full fat coconut milk (can sub cashew milk, whole milk, heavy cream or any other non-dairy milk)
- 4–5 cups shredded kale
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large stock pot over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until pancetta is golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.
- Pour in chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with your spoon. Add beans, remaining seasonings, and zest and juice of lemon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and kale, and cook 3-4 more minutes. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve warm in bowls with freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
- Pancetta- if you cannot find pancetta at your local grocery store, feel free to sub bacon. About 4 slices, cut into bite sized pieces should be good!
- Coconut milk- I love the flavor the coconut milk adds to the soup, however, you can easily sub heavy cream or whole milk if you would prefer.