This Creamy & Delicious Corn & Potato Chowder makes for the perfect weeknight meal. It’s so easy and perfect for the entire family!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 1/2 c chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 T flour
- 4 T water
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- Chopped chives, as garnish
- Heat oil in a large stockpot. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and potatoes; saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile add water to a small bowl, then mix in the flour and whisk until runny and no lumps remain. Add more water if necessary, and set Aside.
- Toss the spices into the pot and give it a good stir. Once the spices are nice and fragrant, pour in the broth and flour mixture, and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Once the potatoes have softened and the soup has thickened, stir in the milik & add more salt & pepper, if necessary.
- Serve in Bowls with fresh chives and ENJOY!!!