These Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats are my new go-to treat forever and always.
Rice Crispy Treats are one of my all-time favorite snacks ever! And add creamy peanut butter and chocolate to the mix? Forget about it. If my self-control is out of whack for whatever reason, well, see ya later to the entire pan.
Can these be modified to be gluten-free?
Most definitely. Make sure to read your labels and buy the appropriate rice Krispy cereal of choice. Kelloggs makes a new gluten-free rice Krispy cereal and One Degree Organics makes a really delicious brown rice cereal as well!
These Healthy-ish Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats are one million percent to die for. Made in ONE [very large] bowl and then topped with melty chocolate peanut butter swirl and fancy maldon sea salt, because um yes- that’s always a good decision. One crunchy bite and you’ll be in.
Other tasty treats to try!
- Cookie Butter Gooey Butter Cake – Oh my wow, this is an absolute must make.
- No-bake Fudge Cookies– CANNOT GO WRONG.
- Sheetpan Cookie Butter Brownies – clearly in a cookie butter kinda mood, but yum. SO good.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/3 c + 2 T honey (can sub maple syrup)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3– 3 1/2 c Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional, I use Ancient Nutrition)
For chocolate topping:
- 1 c Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 c Peanut Butter Chips
- Maldon Sea salt, for topping
- Line 9 x 13 dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add peanut butter and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl; microwave in 30 second intervals until peanut butter is extra creamy. Stir in honey, vanilla, salt, and collagen powder.
- Now stir in Rice Krispies until fully coated. Press unto parchment lined dish; set aside.
- Add dark chocolate and 1 tsp coconut oil to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave I’m 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Pour on top and using a spoon spread chocolate to all edges until fully covered.
- Melt peanut butter chips with another tsp of coconut oil the same way. Using a spoon drizzle back and forth on top of chocolate.
- Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, and transfer to fridge to let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!!!