Is there anything more delicious than chocolate and peanut butter? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls are the healthy snack you’ve been looking for!
Ingredients You’ll Need :
These oatmeal energy bites are made with 9 simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry!
- Rolled oats. I used gluten free old fashioned rolled oats, but regular work as well. I would not use quick oats as it changes the consistency.
- Creamy peanut butter. I always check ingredient list to make sure it’s just peanuts and salt– not only is it better for you, it is the creamiest!! If you wanted to use a different nut butter, almond butter is also delicious in these energy bites.
- Shredded coconut.
- Maple syrup. Honey or agave nectar would work as well.
- Ground flaxseed meal.
- Chocolate collagen powder.
- Chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate chips but any will work, depending on your preference.
- Coconut oil.
- Maldon sea salt.
Best way to store these energy balls:
You can store these delicious oatmeal bites in an airtight container or stasher bag in the fridge or freezer. They will last in the fridge for 1 week and in the freezer for 2 months. I personally love keeping them in the freezer for a little healthy snack dessert situation. My toddler loves them too so I keep a few in the fridge for him as well! They are the perfect afternoon snack for him but also great to pop in his lunchbox for school.
Other Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Copycat Heavenly Hunks Recipe
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Protein Balls
- Easy Peanut Butter Almond Granola
- Frozen Almond Butter Banana Bites
- One Bowl Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25–27balls 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: healthy
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen powder, optional
- 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Maldon sea salt
- Add oats, peanut butter, coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon, flaxseed, and collagen powder to a medium sized mixing bowl and toss until everything is evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to the fridge for about 10 minutes, then roll into balls and place on a plate. Transfer to the fridge or freezer to let harden for another 10-15 minutes.
- Next, heat up chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth and creamy, either by using a double broiler or in the microwave making sure to stir every 30 seconds or so.
- Using a fork, roll each ball into the melted chocolate then transfer to a wax paper lined plate or tray and top with Maldon flaky sea salt. Freeze balls until hardened then transfer to a container and store in the fridge or freezer! *see notes
These balls will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days and in the freezer for 2 months!