Ohhhh, the glories of Saturday morning.
I was majorly inspired by Chrissy Teigen on this here gem, but couldn’t help but add a little Tipps flair. We are headed out of town later today, so I needed something quick and easy. Eggs are always a go-to when in a hurry, and Chipotle & Parmesan are two flavors I love oh -so -much.
When life gets super crazy, which seems to happen way too often, you need those quick meals that are easy to whip up yet still exceptionally yum. I wasn’t about to make something extravagant, not in the mood, not today people.
I can’t say that I have a favorite way of ordering my eggs.. there are just too many options and you know I don’t do well with options.
Scrambled, sunny side up, over easy, over medium, poached…OR in this case..
……wait for it……
Cooked in a skillet surrounded by the creamiest array of spicy chipotle peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, onions, & cream. All I can say is Wow-ZA.
We’ve gotta jet, but I hope you all have an amazing weekend! Can’t wait to share all of the deliciousness with you of next weeks meal plan.Print
Chipotle Parmesan Skillet Eggs
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 3–4 teaspoons chipotle paste (a must have in the kitchen) *You can also use 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeds removed + a little sauce from the can.
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced for topping
- Cilantro, chopped for topping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the chipotle paste, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, cream, and parm; whisk together.
- Heat butter or oil in two 6 inch skillets over medium heat. When skillet is hot, divide the cream mixture between the two skillets, and cook for 2 minutes, or until mixture is starting to bubble.
- Crack the eggs into each skillet, reduce the heat just a tad, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until egg white is cooked, but yolks still runny.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and top with sliced avocado and cilantro.