These Irresistable Chipotle Lime Steak Tacos with Easy Corn Salsa are the perfect summer dinner.
Flank Steak is marinated with a simple yet powerful marinade in this recipe consisting of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, lime zest and juice, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic. Grilled to perfection and served with an easy corn salsa and charred tortillas.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS
These Chipotle Lime Steak Tacos with Easy Corn Salsa have been on repeat all summer long. With a simple steak marinade and quick corn salsa, this dinner comes together in just about 30 minutes for a hassle free taco night.
As you all know, I am a HUGE Dexas fan. Not only do I love the people behind the company, but I seriously love what they stand for. They design products that are beautiful, versatile, functional, easy to use, clean, and store, and just all around amazing.
Today, I wanted to share their handy dandy tortilla warmer because it’s been SO useful. I love charring up my tortillas for taco night, but I always feel so rushed to get it done at the last second.
Which is why I love having this tortilla warmer around. Now, I can char up the tortillas and store in this container to keep them warm for awhile. Did I mention is also microwavable so in the event you do need to heat those babies up, you just stick the container right in the microwave. It’s also big enough for pita bread, all sizes of tortillas which makes it really nice. Clearly a Big fan!!
Back to these steak tacos because YES, you need them in your life! Are they good for entertaining? You bet your bottom dollar they are?
Are they good the next day? Absolutely!! This is a meal that feels like a treat but is actually super easy and one the whole family will love!
What if I don’t have a grill? No biggie. Simply use a cast iron skillet or indoor grill pan. Just make sure you get it nice and hot so you can achieve the same char as you would on a pellet or charcoal grill.
I want to thank Dexas so very much again for sponsoring this post!
I hope you all enjoy these tacos as much as we do!! Please share by tagging me @tippsinthekitch on instagram or leaving a comment below. Thank you so much!!Print
Chipotle Lime Steak Tacos with Easy Corn Salsa
- Yield: 4-6 1x
For the Steak:
- 1 1/2– 2 lbs flank steak
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, ribs and seeds removed and very finely diced + 1 T sauce from can (you can also use chipotle paste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Zest and juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
For the Easy Corn Salsa:
- 2 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 c red onion, sliced into strips
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the tacos:
- 10–12 corn tortillas
- Avocado, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- Cotija Cheese, for serving, optional
- Crema, for serving, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together chipotle chiles + sauce, olive oil, garlic, cumin, garlic powder, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper (option to blend all of this up in food processor as well) Pat steak dry with paper towels, and then rub this mixture all over steak to evenly coat; marinate for 30 minutes- a few hours.
- Rub corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to hot grill and cook for 12-15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes or so, until cooked and nicely charred.
- When your steak has reached room temperature, transfer to grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked to your liking (~125-130 degrees for medium rare).
- When corn and steak are cooked, remove from grill and transfer to a plate on the side. Tent steak with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, cut the kernels off the cob and add to a mixing bowl along with all other salsa ingredients. Set aside for serving.
- Grill tortillas until lightly charred, and then wrap in a dishcloth and place in a tortilla warmer until ready to serve.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain. Serve with tortillas, corn salsa, and any other toppings of choice