Chipotle Chicken Bunless Burger Bowls. Say that five times fast why don’t cha…
Alessandro and I have been traveling quite a bit lately, and as much as I love love love traveling, let me just tell you- i’m pooped! We’re slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things, but I feel like the creative recipe developing part of my brain is still in slight recovery. We went to Breckenridge last weekend with a group of our close friends from college, and man oh man was it a blast. We pretty much spent 4 straight days enjoying all the delicious food and bevs that town has to offer. Best times. So worth the extreme tiredness i’m currently feeling.
These Chipotle Chicken (Bunless) Burger Bowls are exactly what my busy week called for. They can be prepped in less than 15 minutes and make great leftovers! Sometimes, you just want a juicy burg in your life, but don’t always want the big ole buns that come with it. Well, these my friends– are bunless burger babes. The patties are made of lean chicken, shallots, garlic, breadcrumbs, & spices, and are then cooked in a cast iron skillet until perfectly golden on each side. (About 4 minutes per side).
To assemble the bowls, arrange the arugula, black beans, and tomatoes around the base of the bowl. Top arugula with a chicken burger followed by avocado mash and a sprinkle of cayenne for a little extra kick. Garnish bowls with cilantro, green onions, jalepeños, lime wedges, and dig in!
Chipotle Chicken Bunless Burger Bowls
Chipotle Chicken (bunless) Burger Bowls for the win! The perfect low-carb meal without sacrificing any delicious flavors. So flavorful & so yummy! Prepped and ready to go in less than 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 c season bread crumbs
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle paste (or 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1/4 lime
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 6 c arugula
- 2 c black beans
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Jalepenos, as garnish
- Cilantro, ash garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
- 2 avocados, smashed
- salt & pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, chipotle paste, paprika, and lime juice. Mix until combined.
- Using your hands, form the chicken mixture into 6 patties. Set aside.
- Heat a few T of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the burgers and cook for about 4 minutes per side. More/Less depending on the size of your patties.
- Add avocados to a bowl with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Mash with a fork until creamy but still slightly chunky.
- To assemble bowls, arrange the arugula, black beans, and tomatoes around the bowl. Top arugula with a chicken burger followed by avocado mash and a sprinkle of cayenne. Garnish with green onion, cilantro, jalepenos, and lime wedges. Serve!