yum yum yum. Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps just in time for Take-out Tuesday!
I often forget how easy and delicious lettuce wraps are.. every time I make them I’m reminded how much I LOVE them and how dang simple they are! These Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps can be prepped, made, and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Or, you could prep these at the beginning of the week and bring to work with you for lunches. Just pack the lettuce separately, so you can re-heat the meat and assemble at work.
To begin, simply prep your sauce by whisking all ingredients in a bowl and then set aside. Then I would suggest chopping all of the stir-fry ingredients so that everything is ready to go and you can just fly through it. Next, heat up some oil in your skillet and get to coooookin! You’ll be amazed at how fast this recipe is! I hope you enjoy!!Print
Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Quick and easy, better than take-out Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps!! These can be prepped and on the table in less than 20 minutes.
For the sauce:
- 3 T oyster sauce
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
For the chicken:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into small pieces
- 1 1/2 c shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced into strips
- 2 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 head of Butter Lettuce, washed and dried, for serving
- Hoisin sauce or sriracha, for serving (optional)
- Green onions, for serving
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat avocado or olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and crumbly. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Using same skillet, add a little more oil and re-heat. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and celery and let cook down for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add in garlic, white parts of scallions, and water chestnuts, cook another few minutes.
- Add chicken back to skillet along with sauce and stir to combine. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately in butter lettuce cups and garnish with scallions.