Chili Lime Grilled Chicken with Charred Corn Salsa. Delish x 1,000,000! You know I love easy, simple weeknight meals, so here is another one for you busy friends out there. This recipe is for 2 people, but easily doubled for bigger groups. Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts are marinated in a chili lime spice rub and then grilled to perfection. The charred corn salsa is just as it sounds. Deliciously charred corn made into a bowl of yummy salsa. Tossed with red onions, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, red bell pepper, and jalapeños.
As fresh as it comes! Enjoy and Happy Monday!
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken with Charred Corn Salsa
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1–2 T Olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
FOR THE SALSA:
- 2 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1–2 T Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c red onion, sliced thinly into half rounds
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- A few handfuls of fresh arugula, for serving
- 1 Avocado, for serving, optional
- Add red onion to bowl with lime juice and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper followed by remaining spices and lime juice. Set aside and let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat grill, indoor grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, rub each ear of corn generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When the grill pan is hot, add corn and cook until charred on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Re-heat another few T of oil in the same grill pan or cast iron skillet. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes per side, until cooked through and juices run clear. Wrap the cooked chicken breasts tightly in foil while you finish preparing the corn salsa.
- Cut the charred corn off the cob and add to the bowl of onions and lime juice. Stir in cilantro, garlic, jalapeños, a tsp of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 c arugula to each plate, followed by sliced chicken breast, topped with charred corn salsa.
- Option to serve with sliced avocado.