5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne is the ultimate weeknight dinner! So beyond easy, just a handful of ingredients, and perfect for the entire family.
Today, I’m sharing another super quick and easy weeknight dinner for you guys, and I know you’re going to absolutely love it! This 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne will be ready and on the table in 30 minutes or less. It still amazes me how keeping things this simple can be SO delicious, but it’s true. Garlic, olive oil, chicken sausage, rainbow chard, penne, and parmesan- that’s all folks. And of course a little salt and pepper. Wowie wow wow- talk about easy!
What kind of Chicken Sausage should I buy?
There are so many different types of Chicken Sausage that I truly love. It depends on what grocery store I am at each week, but I try to look for any organic chicken sausage. A few brands that I love are Applegate, Aidells, Bilinski’s, True Story, and Trader Joe’s has an organic one that I love too!
Is Chicken Sausage already cooked?
Nearly all chicken sausage links that I have found are already cooked which saves so much time! It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to incorporate into pastas, soups, Sheetpan meals, etc. Be sure to check the label to make sure the one you bought is cooked!
Can I substitute another green if I can’t find rainbow chard?
Yes, most definitely! Spinach or kale are great and easy substitutes. Feel free to add any other veggies that you have on hand as well. This recipe is super easy to tweak depending on what you have in the pantry/fridge!
If you LOVED this 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard penne, then you will love these recipes!!
- 5 Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizzas
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne
- 5 Ingredient Roasted Asparagus Soup
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne
Five Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne- so quick, simple, and delicious. Absolutely perfect for busy weeknights!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 3 chicken sausages, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked per instructions on package.
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken sausage, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely charred.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic; cook another 30 seconds-1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Now add rainbow chard, and sauté for a 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add parmesan, penne, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the skillet, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!