This Chicken Sausage and Delicata Squash Sheetpan Meal is so easy to throw together on a busy weeknight and full of delicious flavors. Chicken sausage, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic and delicata squash are all tossed in a smoky whole grain mustard sauce then roasted and served with pepitas, crumbled feta, and buttery orzo.
Simple yet incredibly satisfying! The absolute perfect weeknight dinner if you ask me!Print
Chicken Sausage and Delicata Squash Sheetpan Meal
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2 chicken sausages, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets (could sub Brussels sprouts as well)
- 1/2 delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced into half moons
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T grainy mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Crumbled feta, for serving
- Buttery Orzo, for serving, optional (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups broth (optional, you can use all water)
- 3 T butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- preheat oven to 425 degrees and line Sheetpan with parchment paper, foil, or silicone baking mat (my personal preference)
- Add sausage, onion, bell pepper, broccoli, squash, and garlic to sheetpan. In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over chicken sausage and veggies and toss to evenly coat everything. I use my hands for this 🙂
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until veggies are tender, tossing halfway, adding pumpkin seeds last 5 minutes of baking.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve with buttery orzo (instructions below)
For the buttery orzo:
- Add orzo, water, broth, salt, and pepper to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until orzo is cooked and liquid has reduced.
- Stir in butter and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Ready to serve!