Chicken Salad with Grilled Corn and Poblanos is made with shredded chicken, grilled Corn, sautéed poblano peppers, onions, and garlic. Tossed with fresh cilantro, lime, avocado, mayo, and a few spices. It’s SO good!!
This is my new go-to chicken salad recipe! It’s absolutely perfect for summer, whether you bring to your next backyard party or prep ahead lunches for the week, it’s healthy, delicious and so so yummy.
The grilled corn and poblanos add so much flavor, and I love the creaminess the avocado adds as well. We love eating with chips, but it’s also delicious served as a wrap, sandwich, or with crackers. Up to you!
Other lunch ideas!Print
Chicken Salad with Grilled Corn and Poblanos
This Chicken Salad with Grilled Corn and Poblanos is made with shredded chicken, grilled corn, poblanos, avocado, lime, cilantro, and a few other simple ingredients. SO delicious!!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5–6 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 ears corn on the cob, husks removed and cleaned
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayo, more or less to taste
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 tsp EACH: chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill the corn on an indoor or outdoor grill or cast iron skillet until charred. Remove kernels from the cob.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the poblano pepper and sauté for 4-6 minutes. Then add garlic and green onion and cook for 45-60 seconds more. Remove from heat, add corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer corn/poblano mixture to a bowl with the shredded chicken. Add all remaining ingredients, and adjust lime, mayo, and seasonings to taste.
- Enjoy with crackers, chips, wrapped in a tortilla, on toast, a bagel, etc! Lasts for a few days in the fridge.