This 4 ingredient Chicken Pesto Tortellini Salad is the best make-ahead healthy lunch idea. It comes together effortlessly and lasts in the fridge for 4 days.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Shredded chicken. Any cooked and shredded chicken works, including rotisserie chicken. I also love making my shredded chicken in the instant pot. Add raw chicken breasts to pot with ~3/4 cup broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder-cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes.
- Basil Pesto. (store-bought or homemade)
- Greens and fruit for serving. Optional.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
- Ready in 10-15 minutes! This is the perfect healthy meal prep recipe for busy weeks. It comes together so quickly and stores really well in the fridge!
- Simple, satisfying, and DELICIOUS. A good pesto gets you really far in any recipe, with fresh basil, garlic, and a good quality olive oil. This pesto salad only requires a few ingredients, but trust me, it’s not lacking any flavor. The protein from the chicken keeps you full and satisfied!
- Great for the whole family! Finding something that everyone will eat can be challenging at times, however, my husband loves this recipe as well as my two young boys. I often have to double to recipe to make sure everyone gets their fix!!
These Dexas Citrus Slice Boards are a few of my ALL TIME favorite prep boards. They are small and stackable which makes storing super easy, but most importantly they are the perfect size for slicing fruit, whether that’s for this healthy lunch idea, smoothies, smoothie bowls, or your favorite summertime cocktails. Plus, they are SO CUTE. They’re dishwasher safe, reversible, and BPA free.
I love slicing up fresh watermelon and serving the watermelon board poolside. Who doesn’t love a slice of watermelon in the summertime heat? Try freezing watermelon sticks for an extra refreshing treat.
OTHER QUICK & EASY LUNCH IDEAS:
- 10 Minute Hummus Avocado Wrap
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- 5 Ingredient Buffalo Egg Salad
- Easy Greek Veggie Bowls
Thank you as always for being here! If you make this recipe, a star rating and comment below is SO VERY appreciated!!Print
Chicken Pesto Tortellini Salad
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup prepared pesto (store-bought or homemade, see below for recipe)
- 1– 10 oz package Tortellini
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Greens and fruit for serving, optional. I love massaging kale in EVOO and lemon, s+p or tossing spinach with the same! So simple and yummy.
Basil Pesto: (if you want to make your own!)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
- 4–5 cloves garlic, depending on your preference
- 3/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Keywords: Meal prep, lunch, healthy, 5 ingredient recipes