This is my summertime take on chicken salad. I love prepping a big batch of chicken salad on Sunday to snack on throughout the week. I decided to mix it up a little bit this time, so I added tart dried cherries to the mix and YUM. It was the perfect addition! I also used my favorite combination of paleo mayo and greek yogurt, but feel free to use one or the other and add as little/much as you’d like. I like using greek yogurt because not only does it add more protein, it makes it nice and creamy without having too strong of a mayo flavor.
I decided to serve in Belgium endive cups, but you could also serve with a bed of mixed greens, as a sandwich, wrap, with crackers, or simply eat by the spoonful! Enjoy!!Print
Cherry Chicken Salad
- 1.5– 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 3.5–4 c cooked chicken)
- 1/2 c mayo (I used primal kitchen paleo mayo)
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1/3 c chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, more to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will last up to 4-5 days.