This Cheesy Butternut Squash Skillet with Brussels sprouts and Bacon is beyond simple, healthy, and delicious. The absolute perfect side dish for Fall!
Imagine getting a little roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts, crispy bacon, and melty cheese in every bite. OH YES. I’m here for it!
The best part is it’s so incredibly simple! Add cubed butternut squash (I like to buy it pre-cubed at the store because the easier the better!) and brussels sprouts to a large greased skillet and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, cracked pepper, and fresh thyme.
Top with chopped bacon and pop in the oven to bake for 25-35 minutes, just until that bacon is cooked and veggies are tender. Remove from the oven and top with cheese.
I personally like to use a combination of parmesan and gruyere. Mmm, I love me some gruyere. However, if you cannot find gruyere, parmesan and mozzarella is a delicious combination too!Print
Cheesy Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Brussels sprouts Skillet
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 12 oz cubed butternut squash (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends removed, halved
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3–4 T olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 T fresh chopped thyme, sprigs removed
- 1/2 c shaved parmesan
- 1 c shredded gruyere (mozzarella works also!)
- Salt + cracked pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a large skillet (or casserole dish) with oil.
- Add cubed butternut squash and brussels sprouts to skillet and toss with olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Top with chopped bacon. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until bacon is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese, and transfer back to oven for an additional 5-10 minuets, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm!