Okay guys, is there anyone out there that doesn’t like cheese? Make that a massive tray of assorted cheese, crackers, meats, olives, nuts, and countless other delicious finger friendly foods? If there actually are humans that don’t like these things and you happen to be reading this, I hate to be crude, but this isn’t for you.
For everyone else, lets do this!! I’m here to give you some friendly Tipps on how to make an Epic cheeseboard for holiday gatherings, showers, cocktail parties, football watch parties (cough cough, the Superbowl, HEYY). Or, if you want to get wild and just serve it up for you and your honey on a Friday evening at home, that’s cool and acceptable too. However, if that’s the case, my advice would be to cut the below list in half or you both might turn into giant cheese balls. Living the life of a cheese ball might not be so bad? Anyway, lost track there for a second.. the below list of items is a general guideline for you all. You aren’t going to mess it up, and try to have fun with it! My go-to places when preparing a cheese board are Jimmy’s Food Store (local Dallas Italian market), Trader Joe’s, and Central Market, however, you can find everything at most grocery stores if you want to make it a one stop shop.Central Market has the best Olive Bar of all time. I could just hang out and be an Olive taster if they’d hire me? I’ll let Alessandro know to get on that for me.
Here are a few easy TIPPS to help you make an amazing Cheese Board! Keep in mind these are just guidelines to help you and can totally be adjusted to your liking!
1. Figure out what you are serving the cheese board on, so you know about how much room to account for. I love using my large wood cutting board from Williams Sonoma, but of course you can use any large tray that you have. Also get out those cheese knives!
2. Cheese: assortment of soft and hard cheeses with different textures and flavors, such as brie, pepperjack, goat cheese, gouda, manchego, Parmesan, cheese balls, or Mozzarella.
3. Cured Meats: Prosciutto, salami, mortadella, soppressata.
4. Nuts: pistachios, marcona almonds, pecans.
5. Jams and spreads: honey, fig jam, bruschetta.
6. Fruit & Dried Fruit: grapes, apple slices, dried apricots, golden raisins, etc.
7. Olives and such: olives, pepperocini’s, pickles, etc.
8. Breadstick & Cracker Assortment
9. Garnish: Rosemary sprigs or other fresh herbs.
10. DIG INNNN
With the super bowl just right around the corner, I figured you all could go on and wow your guests with a big tray of goodness. Just grab a cart and let your cheese board endeavors begin!Print
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8-10
- Prosciutto Di Parma
- Piave or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Manchego Cheese
- Port Salut
- Italian Truffle Cheese
- Apple Slices
- Dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, etc).
- Pepperjack cubes
- Jalepeno Cheese Ball
- Marcona Almonds
- Black and Green olives (or assortment of choice)
- Cracker Assortment