I have a new 5 ingredient recipe for you and it’s a keeper! Cauliflower Gnocchi Skillet with Corn and Tomatoes. Made in just one skillet, ready in less than 20 minutes, and so so delicious.
I pretty much always have a few bags of cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s in my freezer. They are so nice to have around for busy weeknights and go with so many things.
Today, I decided to add in some fresh tomatoes, corn, and basil and the flavor is seriously incredible!! Straight up flavors of summer if you ask me. This dish is simple, fresh, and so satisfying. I hope you love it!!!Print
Cauliflower Gnocchi with Charred Corn, Tomatoes, and Basil
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 1x
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob (about 1 cup of corn if you want to use frozen)
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c parmesan, more for serving, optional
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil + Butter
- Allow frozen cauliflower gnocchi to thaw for 5 minutes before adding to the hot pan. Heat About 4 T olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add gnocchi and let cook for 2-3 minutes, undisturbed! Once golden on the bottom, flip using a large spatula and continue cooking, shaking the pan every minute or so until all sides are golden brown. Transfer to a plate on the side.
- Add another T or two of butter or olive oil to the same skillet and add in the tomatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes until bursting and juicy. Add garlic and cook one minute more, until nice and fragrant. Transfer to the same bowl on the side.
- Using same skillet again, add corn and cook for 4-5 minutes, until charred and cooked.
- Reduce heat to low, add tomatoes and gnocchi back to the skillet with the corn, and toss to combine. Stir in basil and parmesan, (if using) and season with salt and pepper.