As a new mom, one skillet, 5 ingredient meals are everything and more!
This 5 ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo skillet is ready in less than 20 minutes, made in one skillet, healthy, AND toddler approved! Thats a WIN-WIN if you ask me!
It’s great for the whole family and makes delicious leftovers if you end up having some left. I’ve had many many friends that have made this for their kiddos and they have absolutely loved it! You bet your bottom dollar I’ll be making this for Piero as soon as he is old enough!
It’s so quick, so easy, and so delicious! Hope you love!!!Print
- 2–3 organic Italian style chicken sausages, sliced into rounds
- 1 c orzo
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chicken broth
- 3/4 c shaved parmesan
- a few handfuls of arugula
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken sausages and cook for 2 minutes per side, until nice and golden.
- Add garlic, orzo, and red pepper flakes, toss around for 1-2 minutes, until orzo is slightly toasted and garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and orzo is cooked. Stir every couple of minutes to avoid it sticking to the bottom.
- Once orzo is cooked, stir in parmesan and adjust seasoning.
- Toss with arugula just before serving. Enjoy!!