Oh, simple summer. I just love ya. This Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp and Kale is most def a summertime must.
By now, I’m sure you’ve noticed we love simple and fresh pastas around our house! It’s one of my favorite things to whip up because you really can’t mess it up. As long as you have a few simple and fresh ingredients on hand, that’s truly all you need. Garlic and Olive oil are typically always used, then you can always add in fresh tomatoes, other veggies, herbs, pasta, and a little cheese, and you’ve got yourself a meal!
This particular dish is perfect for summer. It’s loaded with angel hair pasta, blistered cherry tomatoes, shrimp, sautéed kale, lemon zest, and a bunch of fresh basil and parmesan. It just doesn’t get any easier or more delicious. I hope you love it!!Print
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 5–6 handfuls fresh kale, finely chopped
- 3 T butter
- 15 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder
- 4 oz angel hair, cooked per instructions on package
- 12 fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced into strips
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook pasta per instructions on package. Drain, toss with olive oil and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, until blistered and bursting.
- Add shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer tomatoes, shallots and garlic to bowl with pasta, set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder; set aside.
- Using same skillet, add more olive oil if necessary and chopped kale. Sauté for a few minutes until wilted. Add to bowl with pasta and tomatoes.
- Again, using the same skillet, add butter and melt over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until pink and cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp to bowl with pasta, tomatoes, and kale, along with lemon zest and juice, fresh basil, and grated parmesan. Season to your liking at this time. Add more lemon juice and olive oil, if necessary.
- Serve immediately!