Say hello to the easiest and most versatile recipe ever: INSTANT POT SALSA CHICKEN. Made in under 20 minutes and the ultimate weeknight dinner life savor. This chicken is perfect for tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, taco salads, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, etc.
Simply put the chicken breasts into the base of your instant pot, season with spices, and top with salsa. Cook on the meat/poultry function high pressure for 15 minutes. Once cooking has stopped, carefully release the pressure and remove the chicken from the pot to shred. I always shred chicken in my stand mixer because it’s literally the easiest thing ever, but you can also place it on a cutting board and shred using two forks. Drizzle with leftover sauce from the pot, top with fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime and serve!Print
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken- quick, easy, and versatile shredded chicken recipe. Perfect for tacos, enchiladas, salads, etc. On the table in 30 minutes or less!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 c salsa
- Place chicken breasts into the base of your instant pot and season both sides with spices and top with salsa; make sure chicken breasts are completely covered by the salsa.
- Cook on meat/poultry high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When time is up, release the pressure, and remove the lid. Transfer chicken breasts to your stand mixer or cutting board. If using stand mixer, add paddle attachment and shred on low speed until shredded. If using a cutting board, shred using two forks.
- Place shredded chicken into a serving bowl and drizzle with leftover sauce from the pot, fresh cilantro, and a generous squeeze of lime.
- Serve with tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, salads, burrito bowls, etc. This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.