In need of a festive salad or side dish to make this year for holidays? This Charred Brussels sprouts, Pomegranate, & Goat Cheese Salad is here and SOOOO good. Fresh Arugula, charred Brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, Pepitas, and crumbled goat cheese all tossed in a delicious dijon vinaigrette! This is one the whole family will love, no doubt, and absolutely PERFECT for Holidays for family gatherings!Print
For the Salad:
- 3 T avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends removed and halved lengthwise
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 c crumbled goat cheese, more to taste
- 1/2 c pepitas
- 6–8 c arugula
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 c + 2 T olive oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar (can sub white vinegar as well)
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, add Brussels sprouts cut side down and cook, without touching for 4-5 minutes, until nicely charred. Toss, season with salt and freshly cracked pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl on the side.
- Whisk dressing together in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add arugula to a large serving platter or bowl, top with pomegranate seeds, pepitas, goat cheese, and charred Brussels sprouts. Toss with dressing just before serving. *See notes about arugula if prepping ahead.
*If you would like to prep ahead, wait to add the arugula until just before serving so it doesn’t get too wilted.