Fresh off the skillet, this Sweet Potato and Chorizo Hash is sizzlin’ and SO good. All made in one skillet, it’s quick and easy to whip up and is seriously so yummy. It serves 4, but makes great leftovers if you don’t have enough people or room in your belly to top it off. 🙂 Now I’m off to meet my dads new puppy and I can’t even wait! Have a great Saturday!
- 3 T olive oil
- 8 oz Mexican chorizo
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeded and diced (use a whole jalepeno if you like more spice)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2–4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Heat a tsp of oil in large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, add chorizo and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until brown and crumbly. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Using same skillet, add 2 T oil and reheat over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add sweet potato, bell pepper, jalepeno, and spices; stir to combine and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add chorizo back to the skillet and toss to combine. Using your spoon, create 4 holes in the chorizo mixture and spray each hole with cooking spray. Crack the eggs in, season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Cover the skillet and cook an additional 4 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado and dig in.