This Carrot Cake Banana Bread is incredibly moist and delicious, and lighter than your traditional banana bread and carrot cake combined!
I know there are thousands of banana bread recipes flying around during this Covid-19 quarantine, however, with Easter on the horizon, I just felt like we needed a carrot cake rendition. One that is equally delicious as carrot cake, just lighter and healthier.
This Carrot Cake Banana Bread is made with no refined sugar and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. With a few other simple ingredients, you’re on your way to a super delicious treat!Print
Carrot Cake Banana Bread (healthy!)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c grated carrots
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 c maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour (can sub whole wheat flour or 1:1 GF all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
For Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- A few T chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas and eggs and gently stir to combine. Add carrots, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla, stir to combine.
- gradually add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir to combine. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cream cheese frosting by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Carefully spread the icing over the whole loaf, sprinkle with chopped nuts, slice and serve!