Let’s get straight to it: Cajun Oven Roasted Chicken Sausage and Potatoes. Diced potatoes are tossed with bell peppers, onion, garlic, andouille style chicken sausage, and lots of cajun spices, then roasted to golden perfection!
I randomly threw this dish together today so that we could have it on hand for the week, but oh my– it’s so delicious, so I immediately whipped my camera out to snap a few photos and get it on the blog ASAP.
There are so many ways to enjoy these Cajun Oven Roasted Chicken Sausage and Potatoes:
- Put an egg on it and enjoy for breakfast!
- Serve with rice for an easy, healthy, and delicious dinner.
- Make it a side dish to anything and everything!!
Cajun Oven Roasted Chicken Sausage and Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3–4 T olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1–2inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 andouille style chicken sausages, cut into half moons (any chicken sausage will work)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2–3 T fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 14 inch casserole dish.
- Toss potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, and chicken sausages with olive oil and all spices until evenly coated. Spread into prepared casserole dish and bake for 45-55 minutes, tossing halfway through until potatoes are fork tender. *increase temperature to 400 degrees for the last 10-15 minutes of the bake time until cooked.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!