Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula. Just 5 Trader Joe’s items needed and dinner will be ready and on the table in 15 minutes or less!
This new 5 Ingredient Recipe is absolutely perfect for busy weeknights! All 5 items came from Trader Joe’s, however, the only item specific to Trader Joe’s is the cacio e Pepe Ravioli. You could easily sub your favorite ravioli if you don’t have access to a TJ’s. The combination of ravioli, shallots, mushrooms, arugula, parmesan is so so delicious and you will absolute love how easy this recipe is!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cacio e Pepe Ravioli. (Trader Joe’s specific item, however, feel free to use your go-to ravioli)
- Shallots. You could also use fresh garlic, however, the minced shallots add really delicious flavor.
- Parmesan. Freshly grated parmesan is always the best in my opinion. I like to keep a block of parmesan in the fridge each week, and it makes it super easy to quickly grab and hand grate!
- You will also need a little bit of olive oil, butter or ghee to cook the mushrooms and shallots in, as well as salt and pepper.
How to Make Cacio e Pepe Ravioli
Start by grabbing a nonstick skillet and a medium sized pot to cook your raviolis in– this way, you can work simultaneously and get dinner on the table in no time.
Bring the pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil in your skillet, I love this Ballarini Parma Forged Aluminum Fry Pan Set they are truly incredible!! One the oil is hot, add the chopped shallots and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until they are soft and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Once the water is boiling, add the entire package of ravioli’s and cook for 2-3 minutes, drain, and then add directly to the skillet with mushrooms and shallots. Just before serving, toss the ravioli and mushrooms with grated parmesan and arugula. Option to top with red pepper flakes for an extra kick, and dig in!!
What is the best sauce for Cacio E Pepe Ravioli?
For this particular recipe, I love the simplicity of the butter, shallots, mushrooms, and parmesan together. However, you could do a cream sauce with a little cream or milk, butter, and parmesan.
OTHER 5 INGREDIENT RECIPES TO TRY!
- 5 INGREDIENT ITALIAN SAUSAGE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI BAKE
- 5 INGREDIENT BUFFALO EGG SALAD
- 5 INGREDIENT EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND Okra Sheetpan
Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula
This 5 Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula is the weeknight meal you’ve been looking for! Quick, Easy, and incredibly satisfying.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2–3 T olive oil (can also sub butter/ghee)
- 1 8.8 oz package cacio e Pepe Ravioli
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan, to taste
- 2–3 cups arugula
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Heat oil or butter in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil, add ravioli and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked. Drain, and add directly to skillet with mushrooms and shallots.
- Toss ravioli and mushrooms with arugula and grated parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and option to top with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Easy weeknight dinner, 5 ingredient recipes, easy recipes, cacio e Pepe Ravioli