Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula. Just 5 Trader Joe’s items needed and dinner will be ready and on the table in 15 minutes or less!
This new 5 Ingredient Recipe is absolutely perfect for busy weeknights! All 5 items came from Trader Joe’s, however, the only item specific to Trader Joe’s is the cacio e Pepe Ravioli. You could easily sub your favorite ravioli if you don’t have access to a TJ’s. The combination of ravioli, shallots, mushrooms, arugula, parmesan is so so delicious!
The 5 Items needed are:
- Cacio e Pepe Ravioli (Trader Joe’s specific item)
- You will also need a little bit of olive oil, butter or ghee to cook the mushrooms and shallots in, as well as salt and pepper.
How to Make this Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula::
Start by grabbing a nonstick skillet and a medium sized pot to cook your raviolis in, so you can work simultaneously. Bring the pot of salted water to a boil, and meanwhile heat up a few T olive oil in your skillet. One the oil is hot, add the chopped shallots and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until they are soft and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Once the water is boiling, add the entire package of ravioli’s and cook for 2-3 minutes, drain, and then add directly to the skillet with mushrooms and shallots. Just before serving, toss the ravioli and mushrooms with grated parmesan and arugula. Option to top with red pepper flakes for an extra kick, and dig in!!
OTHER 5 INGREDIENT RECIPES TO TRY!
- 5 INGREDIENT ITALIAN SAUSAGE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI BAKE
- 5 INGREDIENT BUFFALO EGG SALAD
- 5 INGREDIENT EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
- 5 INGREDIENT CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND Okra Sheetpan
Cacio e Pepe Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms and Arugula
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil (can also sub butter/ghee)
- 1 8.8 oz package cacio e Pepe Ravioli
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan, to taste
- 2–3 cups arugula
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Heat oil or butter in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil, add ravioli and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked. Drain, and add directly to skillet with mushrooms and shallots.
- Toss ravioli and mushrooms with arugula and grated parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and option to top with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.