- 3–4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, baked and cubed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & spiraled into noodles
- 4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 T butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced (from root to stem)
- 2 c sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a few dashes of salt
- 3–4 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Peppery Cream Sauce:
- 1/3 c cream cheese
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tsp parmesan + a little extra for topping
- 1 heaping tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare chicken in foiled baking dish. Drizzle a little olive oil over the tops of the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bake for 20-25 minutes (plus/minus depending on size of chicken breasts) until tender and juicy. Dice into roughly 1 in cubes and set aside.
- Heat up 2 T olive oil in saute pan. As soon as oil becomes hot, add in sliced onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally (about every 6-8 minutes) until onions have caramelized. This can take about 40-45 minutes.
- Take your butternut squash, and cut off the bulbous end the end you will be using. Set bulbous end aside as you will not be spiralizing that part. Now peel the squash completely, so that you get rid of all of the green. Cut this section in half, so it makes it easier to spiralize. Place one half at a time onto spiralizer and spiral away! Set aside spiraled butternut squash.
- Check on your onions, and give them a little stir to make sure they are evenly caramelizing.
- In a separate small sauce pan over low-medium heat, add cream cheese, milk, pepper, and Parmesan. Stir occasionaly, and turn heat down once it has become a thicker consistency. You may need to add a little milk if it becomes too thick.
- Heat up another 2 T Olive oil in large saute pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Add in sliced mushrooms, and saute for about 4 minutes. Toss in minced garlic and sauté for 45 seconds. Mmmm.. smells delicious!
- Now add spiralized butternut squash into pan with mushrooms. Stir to combine and saute over medium heat for about 9-10 minutes, until squash has softened.
- Add the diced chicken, caramelized onions, and cream sauce to saute pan with squash. Toss mixture together well and remove from heat.
- Top with fresh basil & Parmesan and serve 🙂