I absolutely love Buffalo Chicken anything & everything! You just can’t go wrong-it’s so flavorful and can be added to so many different things. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats are an easy and convenient busy weeknight dinner but also perfect for lunch meal prep!
Simply throw the chicken, quinoa, buffalo sauce, and spices in your crock pot before heading to work, and it will be ready to shred the minute you walk in the door.
- cut the zucchini’s in half lengthwise
- scoop out the seeds
- fill each zucchini half with a scoop of quinoa chicken mixture
I drizzled each zucchini boat with a little buffalo crema (greek yogurt + buffalo sauce + water) and garnished with freshly chopped cilantro. Both of those items are completely optional, however, so absolutely no pressure!
Enjoy right away or store in Meal Prep Containers for the week. I served these tasty numbers with a fresh kale side salad, however, they are delicious and filling on their own.Print
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Zucchini Boats
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins
- Total Time: 34 mins
- Yield: 4–5 1x
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 lb boneless, skinnless, chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 c red quinoa
- 1 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
FOR THE ZUCCHINI BOATS:
- 4 zucchini squash, halved and seeds removed
- 3 T shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp buffalo sauce
- 1–2 tsp water
- chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Place chicken breasts and uncooked quinoa in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- top with salt, pepper, garlic, buffalo sauce, and chicken broth. Gently stir to combine, and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 8 hours.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from pot and place onto cutting board; using two forks, shred chicken and return to pot.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease two 9 x 14 baking dishes.
- Fill each zucchini boat with 1/4 cup chicken mixture followed by shredded cheese.
- Bake covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, buffalo sauce, and water; stir to combine.
- Drizzle zucchini boats with buffalo crema and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately or store in meal prep containers.