Who knew a Brussels Sprouts Salad with Sesame Soy Ahi Tuna could turn your entire day upside down? I mean…. hangry to happy in the matter of an instant.
The Brussels sprouts and Marcona almonds add the perfect amount of crunch and it pairs perfectly with the seared ahi tuna and yummy avocado. This is most definitely going to be a new go-to in our household. It was also super simple!
The tahini dressing for the Brussels can be prepped ahead of time if you’d like. Just store the dressing in the fridge until you are ready to use.
This meal is for two people, but feel free to double it if you have guests coming over! It’s an easy, healthy, and delicious option.Print
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Sesame Soy Ahi Tuna
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 c shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 T tahini
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 T maple syrup
- 1 T soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c marcona almonds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Fresh Cilantro, jalepenos, lime wedges as garnish
FOR THE AHI TUNA:
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2– 4 oz ahi tuna steaks
- 1/4 c soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Black and white sesame seeds
- To make the tahini dressing, whisk together olive oil, tahini, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce, corn starch, honey, and garlic sauce to small sauce pan. Whisk to get rid of any clumps and cook for a few minutes over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until it has thickened; remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. When oil is hot, add tuna steaks and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute or two depending on the size of your filet. Coat the seared side with soy sauce mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. When Tuna is done, transfer to a plate and coat the other side with soy sauce mixture and sesame seeds. Slice into strips.
- Now toss the brussels sprouts and marcona almonds with tahini dressing, salt and pepper.
- Divide brussels sprouts among two large bowls and top with ahi tuna. Garnish with cilantro, jalepeno’s, green onions, and sliced avocado. Drizzle with remaining sauce and dig in!