- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 T butter
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 5 sage leaves
- preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme and distribute evenly onto parchment paper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserts easily.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. As the butter melts, it will start to foam and gradually change to golden brown. Swirl the pan occasionally to help the butter cook evenly. Once you have reached brown butter deliciousness, remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Heat a few more T oil in a small sauce pan. When oil is hot, add sage leaves and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and place onto paper towels to soak up the oil; set aside.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to your blender or food processor along with the maple syrup and 5 T of brown butter. Pulse until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Scoop into a medium sized serving bowl and drizzle with remaining brown butter and top with fried sage.