Easy Bolognese Lasagna Rolls… it’s what’s for dinner.
Being married to an Italian has its perks. I mean yeah.. I might be a little biased, but he’s so dang caaaauuteeee. He’s also super sweet and comes from an amazing family. My father-in-law grew up in Italy and my Mother-in-law in Paris, so let’s just say they are incredibly diverse and know what good food is all about. Our family dinners consist of amazing food, delicious wine, and hilarious topics of conversation.
Alessandro and his dad, Luciano, are the bread monster’s around the house. Don’t even think about forgetting to grab a few baguette’s at the store or you’re in bigggggg trouble.
Pasta is not only super quick and easy to prepare, but it’s also a budget friendly meal with so many fun ways to switch it up.
You only want to cook your Lasagna noodles until right before they become al dente, since they will also be cooking in the oven. You don’t want your cute rolls to fall apart! Try boiling for about 6 minutes or so, and place them onto wax or parchment paper to dry.
Once you roll em up with cheese and sauce, don’t forget to top with remaining cheese and sauce, cover and bake for first half. Remove foil and bake uncovered until tops start to brown. Cheesy deliciousness right before your eyes- now that is comfort food!Print
Bolognese Lasagna Rolls
- 16 sheets of Lasagna
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 jars Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c red wine
- 15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c chopped parsley + some for topping
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 c mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease casserole dish
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil, and cook Lasagna per instructions on package. When pasta is al dente, remove from pot and place onto wax paper to dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up until beef is cooked through. Add spices, tomato paste, 1 1/2 jars tomato sauce, and wine. Cover, and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, parm, and 1/4 c chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Ladle a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce into the bottom of casserole dish.
- spread a thin layer of ricotta mixture onto each sheet of lasagna, followed by a later bolognese sauce. Roll up and place seam side down into casserole dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tops of lasagna rolls, followed by mozzerella cheese. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.