Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb Topping
- For the Muffins:
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 oz fresh blueberries
- Cinnamon Crumb Topping:
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners and set aside
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all crumb topping ingredients together. Stir with a fork or pinch with fingers until it becomes crumbly. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl or mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in one egg at a time, followed by milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the mixer and slowly mix together.
- Gently fold in blueberries, and spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Top with crumb topping and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserts and comes out clean. remove from oven and brush muffins with melted butter.
- Leave in the pan for a few minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool.