Taco Tuesday is back, yet again. We’ll take any excuse to eat tacos in our household, just say the word. These BLT Tacos were sort of a random creation with things I still had in the fridge (considering I really need to hit up the grocery), and man oh man am I happy about it.
Let’s start by saying these are extremely simple, nothing fancy about it, but that’s what makes them so glorious. I added some avocado, black beans and some chipotle lime crema to jazz it up, but feel free to do what you want with this!
A few simple ingredients and you’re all set! Tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, black beans, avocado, crema, chipotle peppers, green onions.
Done, done, and done! ENJOY!!Print
- 4 Corn or Flour Tortillas (can also use Siete Grain free tortillas)
- 1 c black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked until crispy and broken in half
- 1 large haas avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Green onions, as garnish
- Chipotle lime crema, recipe below
For the Crema:
- 1/3 c Mexican crema, sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- squeeze of lime
- dash of salt
- water, as needed to thin out
- To prepare the crema, add all ingredients to blender or use immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- To assemble the tacos, add a little lettuce, followed by black beans, tomatoes, bacon, and avocado. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and chipotle crema.