This Berry Breakfast Smoothie is the quite possibly the best way to start your morning, and odds are you’ll have most of what you need on hand even if you have to make a few slight adjustments!
Smoothies are a great way to give your immune system a boost and make it easy to load up on some extra vitamin C without added sugar.
The best part about smoothies is they can 100% be adjusted depending on what you have on hand. Get creative and you will learn to have fun with it!
In this Berry Breakfast Smoothie, I used a variety of frozen berries, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand and it’s sure to be delicious.
The key to the perfect smoothie?
FROZEN FRUIT. Let me repeat– frozen fruit! If you are wondering why your smoothies are foamy, frothy, slightly watery, it’s most likely because you aren’t using frozen fruit.
In my experience, frozen fruit makes a world of difference. It acts as a freezing agent so creates a super cold smoothie with the perfect consistency. I always have frozen fruit on hand.
TIPP of the day: Next time you go to the store, buy extra bananas. Peel them, break them in half, transfer them to a large ziplock bag and place in the freezer. That way, they will always be there for your next smoothie creation!
Other Smoothie Recipes to Try!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (great for post workout!)
- Strawberry Banana (Always good- CLASSIC!)
Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 c frozen berries (I used strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 c plain yogurt (I used greek yogurt for added protein)
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen protein (any vanilla protein of choice)
- Ice, as needed
- Add everything to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. ENJOY!!