Banana Nut Bread is definitely one of those things that instantly brings me to my childhood. My mom used to make it all the time growing up. There’s just something so warm and comforting about it- the smell alone really makes me happy. This Banana Nut bread recipe is no doubt the best. It’s perfectly moist and insanely delicious- it makes for the best on-the-go breakfast, snack, or brunch app. My guilty pleasure is putting a slice of butter on it and warming it up for about 10-12 seconds…OMG SO.GOOD.
Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs, bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until all mixed together.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.