So let me just start by saying this Asian Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing is absurdly delicious. It’s loaded with only fresh ingredients and tossed in a Sesame Ginger Dressing that you may or may not want to drink straight outta the bowl because it’s that tasty.
Start by whisking the dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Now do a little dance because wowsers. I’ve had this thing for ginger dressing ever since I was little. I would always ask for extra sides of it at Sushi restaurants (in addition to pickled ginger..just gettin’ my ginger on) and could actually drink it if that wasn’t totally weird and unacceptable.
If you aren’t serving the salad right away, store the prepared dressing in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Now onto the salad prep, simply combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and well.. that’s it. Easy Peasy.
Quick TIPP about toasting the slivered almonds: heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the almonds. (No oil!) Stir constantly and keep a close watch on those things! It will surprise you how quickly they can burn. Trust me on this one, i’ve burned many nuts in my life.
Once you’re ready to serve the salad, pour the delicious dressing all over and toss it all together. Also, this meal can easily be made into a vegetarian dish by just leaving the chicken out. It’s just as delicious either way!Print
Asian Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T honey
- 1 T tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or fresh ginger)
- salt & pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 1/2 c cooked chicken, diced
- 2 c kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 c shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c shelled edamame
- 2 c broccoli slaw
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- 1/3 c toasted slivered almonds
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Heat small pan over medium high heat. Add almonds, stirring constantly until golden brown and toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, kale, cabbage, bell pepper, edamame, broccoli slaw, almonds, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.