Oh, simple summer. I just love ya. This Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp and Kale is most def a summertime must.
By now, I’m sure you’ve noticed we love simple and fresh pastas around our house! It’s one of my favorite things to whip up because you really can’t mess it up. As long as you have a few simple and fresh ingredients on hand, that’s truly all you need. Garlic and Olive oil are typically always used, then you can always add in fresh tomatoes, other veggies, herbs, pasta, and a little cheese, and you’ve got yourself a meal!
This particular dish is perfect for summer. It’s loaded with angel hair pasta, blistered cherry tomatoes, shrimp, sautéed kale, lemon zest, and a bunch of fresh basil and parmesan. It just doesn’t get any easier or more delicious. I hope you love it!!Print
Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp and Kale
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 5–6 handfuls fresh kale, finely chopped
- 5 T butter
- 15 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 oz angel hair, cooked per instructions on package
- 12 fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced into strips
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- 2 T butter
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, until blistered and bursting.
- Add shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer tomatoes, shallots and garlic to a large bowl, set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add a few T more olive oil if necessary and add chopped kale. Sauté for 4-6 minutes until wilted. Add to bowl with tomatoes.
- Again, using the same skillet, add 3 T butter and melt over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until pink and cooked through. Add cooked shrimp to bowl with tomatoes and kale.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook pasta per instructions on package. Drain, transfer to bowl with tomatoes, kale, and shrimp. Now add lemon zest and juice, fresh basil, grated parmesan, and 2 T butter. Toss together well, and adjust salt and pepper at this time.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!!!