Eating healthy is usually a combination between choosing to eat healthy & what’s available to you. Of course there are times (many times) you will choose the Parmesan Truffle fries over the Quinoa & Kale salad, but there are other times you want a healthier alternative.
I’ve found that if I keep healthy snacks around, I’m much less likely to turn to the candy or goldfish whenever snack time rolls around. And those that know me, know that I am a *truuuueee* candy lover.
These Almond Coconut & Cacao protein balls are the perfect grab & go kinda snack. You literally just blend it all up, roll into balls, and refrigerate. They will be good for the week, so you are all set and ready to roll!
Almond Coconut Cacao Protein Balls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 20 protein balls 1x
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c coconut flakes
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 2 T raw cacao powder
- 1 T coconut butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 3 T agave nectar or honey
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed
- Add coconut and almonds to blender, and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Add almond butter, coconut butter & oil, agave nectar, and cacao to mixture; blend slowly.
- Add in dates one at a time, and continue to blend until mixture becomes sticky.
- Roll into balls and place onto parchment paper. Refrigerate for an hour or two and dig in!
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy throughout the week.