- 3 large zucchini squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 12 oz pizza sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce)
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 pepperoni slices
- Fresh basil, rolled and sliced into ribbons for serving
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then using a spoon scoop out the seeds. *See notes
- Place each zucchini half cut side up onto 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- Fill each half with about 1/4 c pizza sauce, followed by shredded mozzarella and 3 pepperoni slices.
- Place into oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until zucchini is fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!