I still can’t get over how amazing 5 ingredient meals can be! Like this 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet. SOOO GOOD.
This 5 ingredient Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet is extremely similar to my Spicy Italian Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup recipe, just minimal ingredients and a slightly different take on the dish.
It’s made in just ONE skillet and has only 5 ingredients! The flavors are insane without having to do hardly anything.
This dish combines sweet Italian sausage, spinach tortellini, fire roasted tomatoes, fresh spinach, and parmesan and will be ready and on the table in under 25 minutes!
On top of all that, let me just tell ya it’s INSANELY GOOD. Alessandro and I both scarfed it down faster than humanly possible.
Other 5 ingredient recipes to try!!
- 5 ingredient Roasted Asparagus Soup
- 5 ingredient chicken sausage and rainbow chard penne
- 5 ingredient buffalo chicken naan flatbread pizzas
5 Ingredient Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage (any Italian sausage will work)
- 1– 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1– 10 oz package tortellini of choice
- 2 c chicken broth
- 3–4 handfuls fresh spinach
- Salt + Pepper
- grated parmesan, for serving, optional
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Add 2-3 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add Italian sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through and crumbly.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes, tortellini, broth, and season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in fresh spinach until just slightly wilted. Garnish with parmesan and red pepper flakes and serve!!