5 Ingredient Instant Pot Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne– quick, easy, delicious, and perfect for the whole family.
The easiest dinner of all time– ready and on the table in 30 minutes! And.. it’s made in just ONE POT with 5 simple ingredients– that’s a total win if you ask me. This meal has become a staple in our house because it’s SO easy, super fast, delicious, and is just as good for leftovers the next day. It knocks out a few meals in one, which is so helpful to me these days! I used Trader Joe’s Red lentil pasta here for less carbs and some added protein, however, feel free to use any pasta. ENJOY!!!Print
5 Ingredient Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz red lentil penne (I used Trader Joe’s, but feel free to use pasta of choice)
- 1– 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara (I used Rao’s homemade)
- 2 c water
- 3 c fresh spinach, optional
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan, for serving, optional
- Select ‘saute’ function on instant pot. When the screen reads ‘hot’, add 3 T olive oil and then add ground turkey. Cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until turkey is fully cooked through. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté another minute or two, until garlic is fragrant and onion translucent.
- Pour in 1/2 c water and entire jar of marinara.
- Pour remaining 1 1/2 c water into marinara jar and give it a good shake; then pour into instant pot.
- Add pasta to pot and gently prod the top of it but do not stir it!
- Press cancel on the instant pot. Secure the lid, set the steam valve to “sealing” and cook high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, release the pressure by gently moving valve to “venting” and let all steam release.
- Remove the lid and give it a big stir. If you are adding spinach, add it in now and stir it up.
- Serve warm in bowls. Option to add grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes.