Need weeknight dinner Inspo? This 5 Ingredient pasta dish is beyond delicious and a total game changer!!!
Another super quick and easy weeknight dinner for you guys, and I know you’re gonna love it! Made in just ONE skillet and can be ready and on the table in 30 minutes or less– this 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne is sure to become a new family fave. It still amazes me how keeping things this simple can be SO delicious, but it’s true. Garlic, olive oil, chicken sausage, rainbow chard, penne, and parmesan- that’s all folks. And of course a little salt and pepper. Wowie wow wow- talk about easy!
I love finding and trying new products at the grocery store each week, but I also love my tried and true items. Things I love, buy over and over again, and know exactly what to do with them- like organic Chicken Sausage for example. Love this brand– I typically buy mine at Central Market or Whole Foods. Its healthy, delicious, and so easy to incorporate into pastas, soups, Sheetpan meals, etc. Even if I don’t know what I’m going to use it for, I pretty much buy it every single week, and 10/10 times I use for something!
This 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne is made in just one skillet and will be ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a dish that the whole family will love. The leftovers are even more delicious should you have any!
Other 5 Ingredient Recipes to try!
- 5 Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizzas
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne
- 5 Ingredient Roasted Asparagus Soup
5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne
Five Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne- so quick, simple, and delicious. Absolutely perfect for busy weeknights!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 3 chicken sausages, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked per instructions on package.
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken sausage, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely charred.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic; cook another 30 seconds-1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Now add rainbow chard, and sauté for a 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add parmesan, penne, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the skillet, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!